Hipster Dog Names
by Jessi Larson
Hipster culture is all the rage today. And that can even extend to your dog, which is why we’ve rounded up the best 175+ hipster dog names.
A hipster is generally defined as a person who follows the latest trends and fashions, especially those regarded as being outside the cultural mainstream.
In today’s culture, man buns, elaborate mustaches and beards, large statement glasses, checkered shirts, scarves and beanie caps are all synonymous with the hipster lifestyle. So are avocado toast, fancy coffees, craft beers and indie films.
If you’re looking for a laugh, here are the top 50 signs you might be a hipster.
Hipsters are on the forefront of what’s edgy and cool, and so are these hipster dog names.
Unisex Hipster Dog Names
Some names aren’t limited to the male or female gender and can be used for both sexes. And really, what’s more hipster than that?
These unisex hipster dog names work no matter what gender your dog is. If you’re not sure whether you want a male or female dog, don’t fret – just grab a name from the list below.
Male Hipster Dog Names
As much as we love the idea of gender neutral names, sometimes names are just better suited for a certain sex. Such is the case with these male hipster dog names.
Hipster dog names defy traditionalism and redefine what is cool. Or they bring back old school names and make them trendy again.
Here are male hipster dog names perfect for a new pup.
Female Hipster Dog Names
These female hipster dog names sound effortlessly cool and are a great choice if you are bringing home a girl pup.
Female hipster dog names can be unique and different, a play on traditional names or the revival of a tried-and-true favorite from years ago. Or all of the above.
If you’re looking for hipster dog names, these female monikers certainly fit the bill.
Funny Hipster Dog Names
And last but not least, we can’t end our list of hipster dog names without having a little fun.
Our name guide concludes with funny hipster dog names that anyone can appreciate it, whether you’re a hipster, a hipster wannabe or just like to admire the hipster life.
- Avocado – a favorite food of hipsters everywhere
- Beanie – a wardrobe staple for many hipsters
- Bill Furray – as in Bill Murray, perhaps the O.G. of all hipsters
- Cat – because it’s ironic and funny
- Dee-O-Gee – the phonetic spelling of dog
- Droolio – a fun take on Coolio
- Flannel – another item commonly found in the hipster closet
- Meta – the name Meta is so meta
- Pabst – a favorite hipster beer
- Paw Iver – a play on Bon Iver
- The Hound – a Game of Thrones reference or a just a funny name for a dog
- Vinyl – because hipsters are bringing vinyl back
More Dog Name Ideas
If you’re not inspired by any of these hipster dog names, try our online generator and find even more options. You can sort by your favorite styles and themes to discover the perfect name for your pup.
Our site helps over 15 million new dog owners each year and offers thousands of unique ideas. With this in mind, we’re confident you’ll find the name for your dog on our site.
Popular categories include:
Try it out and see what you think!
How Do You Pick The Right Name?
How do you know if you’ve picked the right name for your dog? That’s a question all new dog parents ask.
After years of helping new pup parents, here are some tips we’ve picked up when it comes to selecting a name for your dog:
- Is it easy to say? Some names are great in theory but tough to pronounce in everyday life. Before you lock in on a name, make sure it rolls off the tongue. This is especially true when looking at hipster dog names, which can be somewhat different and hard to say for some.
- Say it out loud. Can you imagine loudly calling for your dog with this name? If not, then it’s not the right name and you should move on.
- Does it fit your dog? Check to see if the name matches your dog’s personality and appearance. This is important for both you and your pup.
- And finally, trust your gut. When you find the right name, you’ll know it!