Preppy Dog Names – 120+ Perfect IdeasLast updated: by Jessi Larson
Today, pup parents are putting more time and energy into picking out a name for their dog than ever before. After all, dogs are beloved members of the family. As you look for options, one fun idea is to explore preppy dog names.
Why consider preppy dog names? For starters, preppy dog names have a sophisticated sensibility to them. They’re also strong and distinctive while also possessing a classic and timeless quality.
We’ve rounded up 120+ preppy dog names perfect for your new pup. Take a look and see if any are right for your furbaby!
Male Preppy Dog Names
The following preppy dog names will give the impression that your dog shops at Brooks Brothers, vacations at Martha’s Vineyard and goes to a fancy prep school – if dogs were allowed to do all those things, of course.
Fancy with a bit of flare, these names are cute, classic and a whole lot of fun. If you have a male dog, you must check them out.
Female Preppy Dog Names
There is no shortage of preppy dog names for female pups either. Pick any of the names below and your dog will sound like the ultimate prepster – no polo shirt, ribbon headband or strand of pearls needed.
The best part about preppy dog names is that they are unique but not over the top and will certainly stand the test of time. Take a look and see if one is right for your new bundle of fur.
More Dog Name Ideas
If you’re not inspired by any of the preppy dog names above, don’t fret – we have plenty of other options. Try our online generator and get even more ideas. You can sort by your favorite styles and themes.
Popular categories include:
In total, our site has thousands of dog names and has helped millions of new pup parents. We guarantee you’ll find something you like.
How Do You Pick The Right Name?
After years of helping people select the right pet name, we’ve picked up a trick or two to help new pet owners hone in on the perfect dog name. Follow these four steps and you’ll be 100 percent confident in your name choice.
- Does it roll off the tongue? Some names are awesome on paper but tough to pronounce out loud. If you have troubles with the name, others most definitely will as well. And that makes it confusing for your dog.
- Say it out loud. Can you imagine loudly calling for your dog with this name? If not, then keep on searching. You’ll have to say your dog’s name many times throughout the day, so make sure you’re comfortable with it.
- Does it fit your dog? You might have the perfect name picked out but if it doesn’t fit with your dog’s personality or appearance, then it’s not the right one.
- Trust your gut. When you find the right name, you’ll know it! Always go with your intuition.
How To Teach A Dog Its Name
Teaching your dog its name might seem like an overwhelming task in the beginning, but with a little practice and persistence, your pup will pick it up in no time.
Here are some tips to speed things up and make it a painless and pleasant experience:
- First, make sure you’re in a quiet place without distractions. This will allow your dog to focus and fully understand what’s going on.
- From there, repeat your dog’s name, and when your pup looks at you, say “Yes!” and give them a treat. Repeat this 3-5 times in a row.
- Continue to say your dog’s name in every interaction with them. Even if it seems obnoxious (and trust us, it will). Before you know it, they’ll understand their name like a champ.
Other Ideas For Preppy Dog Names?
If you have other ideas for preppy dog names, we want to hear them! We use your ideas to keep our site fresh and stocked full of the best dog names out there. Comment below with your ideas.