43 Fluffy Dog Names We Adore
by Jessi Larson
If you’re getting a new fluffy furbaby, why not explore fluffy dog names? We’ve rounded up 43 fluffy dog names you’ll absolutely adore.
A number of dog breeds sport a fluffy coat fitting for fluffy dog names. Breeds like the Pomeranian, Samoyed, Chow Chow, Bichon Frise and Poodle certainly have no shortage of fur, as do several other breeds.
If you have a dog with lots of fur, you should definitely consider fluffy dog names. We’ve got the ultimate list of ideas right here.
Look no further for the best list of fluffy dog names around!
Fluffy Dog Names
As you hunt for name ideas, these fluffy dog names are simply the sweetest. In fact, we think they’re absolutely paw-fect for your pup. (Sorry, couldn’t resist the pun!)
- Fuzzy Wuzzy
- Hairy / Harry
- Curly (if their coat has a curl to it)
- Snuggles (because fluffy dogs are so darn snuggly!)
- Nana (the fluffy Newfoundland in Peter Pan)
Funny Fluffy Dog Names
And if you’re feeling playful, you could pick a funny fluffy dog name guaranteed to make people smile.
- Sir Fluff’s A Lot
- Mr. / Mrs. Fluffer Nutter
- Charmin (as in the fluffy toilet paper)
- Mr. / Mrs. Softy
- Admiral Fluff / Captain Fluff
- Flava Fluff
- Prince / Prince Fluffster
- Mayor Fluffington
- Ms. Frizzle
Dog Names Inspired By Color
If you like the idea of giving your dog a name inspired by their fur but aren’t loving the fluffy dog names above, why not pivot and instead pick a name based on color?
We have plenty of names for the most popular dog coat colors:
More Dog Name Ideas
The dog name ideas don’t stop here. If you’re not inspired by any of the names above, try our online generator and find even more options. You can sort by your favorite styles and themes.
Popular categories include:
Teach Your Dog Their Name Quickly
Teaching your dog their name can seem like an intimidating task, but with practice and persistence, your dog will pick up their name in no time.
Here are some tips to speed things up and make it a painless and pleasant experience:
- Make sure you’re in a quiet place without distractions. This will help your dog focus.
- From there, repeat your dog’s name. When he or she looks at you, say “Yes!” and hand out a treat. Try to do this 3-5 times in a row.
- Continue to say your dog’s name in day-to-day interactions. Even if it seems obnoxious. Soon they’ll understand their name in no time.
Other Ideas For Fluffy Dog Names?
If you have other ideas for fluffy dog names, let us know in the comments below! We’re always looking for new name ideas and use them to keep our site fresh.