Halloween Dog Names – 275+ Amazing IdeasLast updated: by Jessi Larson
Halloween is a holiday loved around the world. If you’re a fan of this fun and frightening day, you’ll love these Halloween dog names.
Our guide has a whopping 275+ name ideas to choose from. Some are festive, some are scary – all are perfect for your four-legged friend.
Halloween Dog Names
The Halloween season is special to people for many different reasons.
Some love the spooky frights while others enjoy the chance to dress up and be silly. There’s also lots of candy and yummy treats.
What’s not to love about Halloween?
Because the holiday can mean something different to every person, our guide to Halloween dog names includes every source of inspiration imaginable.
Spooky names, creepy characters, classic candies, fall favorites – the list goes on and on.
Spooky Halloween Dog Names
Halloween is a spooky time full of frights. As we explore Halloween dog names, the first place to look is at scary names that conjure up the spirit of the day.
These ideas are perfect for a faithful Halloween fan like you and make excellent names for a dog.
- Bogeyman – Bogey for short
- Hocus Pocus
- Noir – French for black
Halloween Dog Names Inspired by Creepy Characters
Many creepy characters have scared and thrilled us over the years. They’ve been found in scary movies, mysterious TV shows, classic literature and more.
Take a look at this list of names and see if any are the right fit four your new bundle of fur.
You could pick a character that entertains you and instantly reminds you of Halloween. Or maybe you simply like the name and think it’s perfect for your new pup.
- Addams – The Addams Family
- Beetlejuice – devious poltergeist
- Binx – Hocus Pocus cat
- Bram – Dracula author Bram Stoker
- Buffy – Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Carrie – telekinetic Steven King character
- Casper – the friendly ghost
- Craven – horror filmaker Wes Craven
- Cruella – 101 Dalmatians villain
- Chucky – terrifying doll
- Cousin Itt – The Addams Family character
- Cujo – rabid dog
- Damien – Omen series character
- Dexter – Serial killer from the Dexter series
- Dracula – famous vampire
- Edgar – author Edgar Allen Poe
- Elvira – mistress of the dark
- Fester – Uncle Fester from The Addams Family
- Frankenstein – novel by English author Mary Shelley
- Freddy – Freddy Krueger from A Nightmare on Elm Street
- Gomez – Gomez Addams from The Addams Family
- Hannibal – killer Hannibal Lecter
- Herman – Herman Munster from The Munsters
- Hitchcock – suspenseful filmmaker Albert Hitchcock
- Ichabod – Ichabod Crane from Legend of Sleepy Hollow
- Igor – character in Young Frankenstein
- It – predatory Stephen King character
- Jason – Friday the 13th villain
- Jekyll – the Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- Jigsaw – Saw villain
- Krueger – Freddy Krueger from A Nightmare on Elm Street
- Lurch – The Addams Family character
- Medusa – woman with snakes as hair
- Merlin – legendary wizard
- Michael Myers – Halloween series villain
- Morticia – matriarch of The Addams Family
- Norman Bates – Psycho antagonist
- Pennywise – clown in Stephen King’s It
- Poe – author Edgar Allen Poe
- Pugsley – The Addams Family son
- Rosemary – Rosemary’s Baby
- Sabrina – Sabrina the Teenage Witch
- Snape – Severus Snape in Harry Potter
- Skellington – Jack Skellington in The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Sookie – True Blood character
- Thing – from The Addams Family
- Voldemort – Lord Voldemort in Harry Potter
- Wednesday – The Addams Family daughter
Popular Halloween Costumes
One of the best parts of Halloween is getting to dress up in a fun costume. This activity is enjoyed by kids and adults alike.
While each year welcomes new topical costumes, there seems to be tried-and-true favorites that have stood the test of time.
Continuing the inspiration for Halloween dog names, let’s explore popular costumes that could also serve as a fun canine moniker.
- Harry Potter
- Wonder Woman
Candy Halloween Dog Names
We can’t talk about Halloween without mentioning candy! After all, the trick-or-treating experience is centered around yummy treats.
So why not look at popular types of candy for inspiration? They can make cute and creative Halloween dog names.
Get your sweet tooth ready for some adorable names inspired by favorite candies given out at Halloween time!
- Almond Joy
- Baby Ruth
- Candy Corn
- Hot Tamale
- Jolly Rancher
- Junior Mint
- Kit Kat
- Mike & Ike
- Mr. Goodbar
- Peppermint Patty
- Sugar Baby
Autumn Dog Names
For many people, fall is considered their favorite time of the year. In the spirit of the season, here are adorable fall-themed names you just might like.
These ideas are inspired by the cool, crisp weather, the changing of the leaves, favorite fall foods and so much more.
Black Dog Names
There are two colors synonymous with Halloween: black and orange. These colors can also be used for Halloween dog names.
Let’s first look at black dog names. Dark, mysterious and memorable, the names below perfectly convey the color.
Discover more black dog names.
Orange Dog Names
Up next are orange dog names. The color encapsulates both Halloween and the autumn season.
These warm, spirited names are inspired by the bold color and great for a new pet.
Our guide to Halloween dog names isn’t over yet. Let’s close it out with other ideas that embody the Halloween spirit.
From the dangerous and scary to the ghoulish and macabre, these names are fun for Halloween fiends.
Halloween Dog Names: Final Thoughts
According to a Harris poll, 9% of Americans named Halloween as their favorite holiday. Christmas pulled in a whopping 46% while Thanksgiving was next at 19%.
If you’re looking at Halloween dog names, it’s safe to say you’re in the 9% who loves the spectacularly spooky holiday.
And what better way to show your affection for the day than by giving your dog a name that reflects this special time of year?
With over 275 ideas on this list, we’re confident you’ll walk away with at least a few ideas for your precious new pooch.
More Dog Name Ideas
If you’re not inspired by any of these Halloween dog names, try our online generator and discover even more options. You can sort by your favorite styles and themes to discover the perfect name for your pup.
Our site helps millions of new dog owners each year and offers thousands of unique ideas. We know you’ll find the name for your dog on our site.
Popular categories include:
Try it out and find an awesome name for your dog.
How Do You Pick the Right Name?
How do you know if you’ve picked the right name for your dog? That’s a question all new dog parents ask.
After years of helping new pup parents, here are some tips we’ve picked up when it comes to selecting a name for your dog:
- Is it easy to say? Some names are great in theory but tough to pronounce in everyday life. Before you lock in on a name, make sure it rolls off the tongue.
- Say it out loud. Can you imagine loudly calling for your dog with this name? If not, then it’s not the right name and you should move on.
- Does it fit your dog? Check to see if the name matches your dog’s personality and appearance. This is important for both you and your pup.
- And finally, trust your gut. When you find the right name, you’ll know it!
5 Easy Steps to Teach a Dog Their Name
Once you have a name, how do you teach it to your dog?
All pup parents go through this scenario. They’ve picked out a perfect name and can’t wait to start using it for their dog.
The only problem is their pup doesn’t recognize it yet.
If you’re in this situation, don’t fret. Teaching your dog their name is a lot easier than you think.
Here are five easy steps to take to teach your dog their name.
- Get some small treats and put your dog on a leash in a location without any distractions.
- Say your puppy’s name in a clear, happy, excited voice.
- As soon as they look at you, say “yes” and give them a treat.
- Wait until they look away and then repeat the process 3-5 times.
- Play this name game several times a day and soon they’ll know and love responding to their name!
Want to learn more about how to teach a dog their name? We have an awesome guide that makes it easy.
Other Ideas for Halloween Dog Names
If you have an idea for a Halloween dog name that you didn’t see here, let us know! Add a comment below with your thoughts.
We love hearing from readers and use your ideas to keep our site fresh and full of the absolute best dog names.
Also, if you do pick a Halloween name for your new pup, let us know that, too. What name did you select and what kind of dog did you get?