Badass Dog Names – 171+ Tough and Tenacious IdeasPublished: Last updated: by Jessi Larson
Badass dog names are bold, brawny and a whole lot of fun.
If you have a strong dog breed like a Rottweiler, Pit Bull or German Shepherd, it can be cool to play up the tenacious aspect and give your pup a tough dog name.
Or, if you have a small and sassy dog, you could bring the laughs with an ironic name that cracks people up.
Whatever the reason, we’ve got 60+ badass dog names to provide you with the inspiration you need.
Male Badass Dog Names
If you have a boy pup and are looking for badass dog names, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve got plenty of ideas you might just love.
- Ajax – a hero in Greek mythology who held off the Trojan army.
- Ares – The Greek god of war was certainly a badass.
- Ammo – Short for ammunition, Ammo is a strong, tough dog name.
- Axel – The name Axel just sounds badass, doesn’t it?
- Bane – With a mix of brute strength and exceptional intelligence, Bane is a supervillain adversary of Batman. Of all the badass dog names, this one might just be the most unique.
- Beast – A big and burly name for your badass doggy.
- Blaze – When it comes to badass dog names, this shines the brightest.
- Blitz – Defined as “an overwhelming all-out attack,” Blitz is a great option if you’re looking for a sharp and strong dog name.
- Bones – It’s hard to envision a dog name that’s both badass and cute, but this one fits the bill.
- Bolt – Whether you’re talking about a small but tough fastening rod or the action of running fast, Bolt is a pretty cool dog name.
- Boss – Badass dog names don’t get much cooler than this. If your dog is truly a boss, why not name him just that?
- Bruiser – A brawny, tough name that might just be right for your pup.
- Brutus – Brutus is another baddie name.
- Bullet – If your dog is faster than a speeding bullet, then Bullet is a fun name to consider.
- Butch – Butch certainly sounds like a strong, cool moniker for your canine.
- Dagger – As in the short, swordlike weapon with a pointed blade.
- Danger – Badass dog names don’t get much cooler than Danger.
- Diesel – The dog name Diesel has risen in popularity in the past few years, and we can see why. It’s strong but not outwardly aggressive.
- Fang – This is another great name that sounds cool and cutting – no pun intended.
- Goliath – As in the giant from the Bible.
- Gunner – A strong and sporty name.
- Hades – In Greek mythology, the name of both the underworld and the god who guarded it.
- Hercules – The divine hero from Greek mythology
- Hulk – The giant green superhero from the Marvel comics.
- King – No one messes with the King.
- Maverick – Defined as “a person pursuing rebellious, even potentially disruptive, policies or ideas.”
- Nitro – Short for Nitroglycerin, the highly explosive chemical.
- Pyro – If you’re looking for seriously badass dog names, Pyro (short for pyromaniac) is red hot.
- Rambo – As in the famous Sylvester Stallone character.
- Riptide – A tide that opposes other tides, causing a violent disturbance in the sea.
- Rocky – Inspired by Rocky Balboa, another tough Sylvester Stallone character.
- Rogue – This name is especially popular following the release of Rogue One.
- Samson – strong man from the Bible
- Sarge – The informal version of Sargent.
- Spike – This name is another one that’s both cute and badass.
- Tank – Tank just sounds like a cool name, doesn’t it?
- T-Bone – Same with T-Bone. It just seems badass.
- Titan – Titan has many definitions, including an ancient Greek deity and a person of enormous size, strength, and influence.
- Thor – As in the Marvel superhero.
- Trapper – A sporty, athletic name.
- Vader – the villain from Star Wars
- Viper – A tough, stinging name for your pup.
Female Badass Dog Names
Girl dog names don’t have to be all cuddly and cute, especially if you have a pup with attitude. These badass dog names are strong and sassy all at the same time.
- Arya – badass assassin from Game of Thrones
- Athena – The Greek goddess of wisdom and war.
- Attila – As in Attila the Hun, the brutal ruler.
- Cersei – If you’re a Game of Thrones fan, you certainly know that Cersei is quite the badass.
- Daenerys – Another Game of Thrones character, Daenerys is gorgeous, strong and brave.
- Diva – If your dog has a bit of attitude, this is a great name.
- Elektra – Inspired by the Marvel character.
- Gamora – Another tough and talented female character in the Marvel comics.
- Harley – Whether it’s inspired by Harley Quinn, the DC Comics supervillain, or Harley-Davidson, the motorcycle manufacturer, Harley is a name with just the right amount of edge.
- Hera – A Greek goddess with a mean streak.
- Huntress – The female version of Hunter.
- Jinx – If you’re looking for badass dog names for your girl pup, this is unique and edgy all at the same time.
- Justice – Doesn’t this name just sound badass?
- Katniss – As in Katniss Everdeen, the heroine of The Hunger Games.
- Leia – No one doubts the power and courage of Princess Leia from Star Wars.
- Medusa – A monster described as a winged human female with living venomous snakes in place of hair.
- Mystique – The blue, shape-shifting baddie from X-Men.
- Queenie – A fun and sassy name.
- Raven – A gorgeous and strong name that’s perfect for a dark-colored furbaby.
- Rebel – Defined as a person who resists authority, Rebel is one badass dog name.
- Ripley – Inspired by Sigourney Weaver’s character in the Alien franchise.
- Sable – This name just sounds cool.
- Sarah Connor – The strong female lead in The Terminator movies.
- Sassy – A name with a whole lot of attitude.
- Sheba – Inspired by the Queen of Sheba.
- Starbuck – As in the badass character from Battlestar Galactica.
- Trinity – A strong-sounding name for a female dog.
- Ursula – Let’s face it: Ursula, the villain from The Little Mermaid, is quite a baddie.
- Vixen – Defined as both an attractive woman and a quarrelsome lady. Either way, it’s pretty badass.
- Xena – As in Xena: Warrior Princess.
More Tough Dog Names
Tough Fighter Dog Names
These tough dog names come from fighters, including boxers, wrestlers, and MMA athletes.
- Hulk or Hogan
- Rock / Rocky
Outlaw & Gangster Dog Names
Some of history’s greatest outlaws and gangsters can make for some unique and cool tough dog names.
- Bonnie – Bonnie & Clyde, a famous bank-robbing couple
- Bugsy – Bugsy Siegel was a gangster who helped develop Las Vegas
- Butch – Butch Cassidy, a famous train & bank robber
- Capone – Al Capone was the boss of the Chicago mob
- Clyde – Bonnie & Clyde
- Colombo – Joe Colombo was the boss of the Colombo family in New York.
- Dillinger – John Dillinger was a bank robber during the depression.
- Escobar – Pablo Escobar, famous Colombian drug lord.
- Gambino – Carlo Gambino was the boss of the Gambino family.
- Genghis or Khan – Genghis Khan was a fierce warrior who ruled the Mongol empire and raided other settlements.
- Gotti – John Gotti was the boss of the Gambino family.
- Hickok – Wild Bill Hickok was a famous gunslinger
- Jesse James – The infamous American outlaw.
- Lansky – Meyer Lansky developed a gambling empire for the mob.
- Pancho – Pancho Villa was a Mexican Revolutionary general
- Vito – Vito Genovese, leader of the Genovese family.
- Wyatt – Wyatt Earp was a famous gunfighter.
Scary Dog Names
These names are a bit spooky and work great for a tough guard dog.
Mean Dog Names from Villains
These ideas come from some of the fiercest villains in movies, TV shows, and comic books.
Find more tough, badass dog names using our name search or one of these lists:
We have just adopted a Female Doberman and Rottweiler mix. The name that was given to her is…… Hombr’e.
Any idea what or why the previous owners would have named her Hombr’e?
They were Latino?
hi you need to add my pugs name to all of the listest the pugs name is …………..”THUG” the PUG and add my friends dogs name to it his name is”BRODY: add him on all the listest to.
Probably the reason they named the dog Hombr’e is because in Spanish Hombr’e means man and whenever people think of man it makes them think tall and strong
I have a bully pit we named him Rumple because all the wrinkles in his face
I have this badass big mega X bimatroitus special golden limited addition buff dog and I named him Juan Carlos which is the most badass name If you ask me. He looks so cool and buff.
Maybe it was “Ombre” like the changing shades/colors? It has the same pronunciation.