Designer Dog Names – 215+ Incredible IdeasLast updated: by Jessi Larson
Interested in designer dog names? Discover 215+ fashionable ideas for your new four-legged friend.
These luxurious dog names reflect your keen style sense and are perfect for a pampered pooch.
Top Designer Dog Names
The first step in finding the right name for your new dog is seeking out inspiration. Fortunately, there are lots of ideas when it comes to designer dog names.
Our 215+ ideas are inspired by famous fashion and beauty brands, world-renowned designers, luxury retailers, style icons, posh publications and so much more.
Famous Fashion Brands
Naturally, famous fashion brands are the first place to look for designer dog names.
These companies are world-renowned and well-known for being on the cusp of what’s trendy and in vogue.
- Prada – Italian luxury fashion house
- Vuitton – the Louis Vuitton luxury brand
- Louis – the Louis Vuitton luxury brand
- Chanel – French luxury fashion house
- Coco – designer Coco Chanel
- Hermès – French luxury goods manufacturer
- Gucci – Italian luxury fashion house
- Tiffany – American luxury jeweler Tiffany & Co.
- Cartier – French luxury goods company
- Versace – Italian luxury fashion company
- Armani – Italian luxury fashion house
- Ralph Lauren – American fashion company
- Karan – American fashion brand Donna Karan
- Calvin – American fashion house Calvin Klein
- Dior – French luxury fashion house Christian Dior
- Ford – American luxury fashion house Tom Ford
- Saint Laurent – French luxury fashion house
- Louboutin – luxury shoe brand Christian Louboutin
- Christian – luxury shoe brand Christian Louboutin
- Lagerfeld – high-end fashion brand Karl Lagerfeld
- Roberto – Italian fashion designer Roberto Cavalli
- Cavalli – Italian fashion designer Roberto Cavalli
- Marc Jacobs – American fashion label
- McQueen – English fashion designer Alexander McQueen
- Betsey – American fashion designer Betsey Johnson
- Dolce – Italian luxury fashion house Dolce & Gabbana
- Gabbana – Italian luxury fashion house Dolce & Gabbana
- Valentino – Italian fashion designer
- Prada – Italian luxury fashion house
- Tommy – American fashion designer Tommy Hilfiger
- Kate Spade – American fashion brand
- Carolina Herrera – Venezuelan-American fashion designer
- Jean-Paul Gaultier – French haute couture fashion designer
- Herve Leger – French fashion house
- Stella McCartney – English fashion designer
- Jimmy Choo – British high fashion house
- Mossimo – American sportswear and accessories company
- Diane Von Furstenberg – Belgian fashion designer
- Kors – American fashion designer Michael Kors
- Tory Burch – American fashion designer
- Oscar de la Renta – Dominican fashion designer
- Zac Posen – American fashion designer
- Vera Wang – American fashion designer
- Cartier – French luxury goods conglomerate
- Burberry – British luxury fashion house
- Fendi – Italian luxury fashion house
- Rolex – luxury watch manufacturer
- Swarovski – Austrian producer of glass
- Coach – American luxury design house
- Hugo Boss – German luxury fashion house
- Steve Madden – American fashion brand
- Diesel – Italian retail clothing company
- Stuart Weitzman – American shoe company
- Cole Haan – American footwear brand
- Halston – American fashion company
- Balenciaga – Spanish luxury fashion house
- Vivienne Westwood – English fashion designer
- Adidas – German sportswear company
- Nike – American athletic apparel company
- Zara – fashion retailer
- Yeezy – rapper Kanye West fashion brand
- Levi – American clothing company
- Oakley – high-end eyewear
Certain retail stores are known for carrying the most top-of-the-line, luxurious goods. Why not use these companies as inspiration for designer dog names?
After all, the retailers below carry designer goods that are beloved by many. It’s almost a guarantee you’ve shopped at one of these stores.
- Macy – classic department store Macy’s
- Saks – luxury department store Saks Fifth Avenue
- Bergdorf – luxury department store Bergdorf Goodman
- Bloomingdale – luxury department store Bloomingdale’s
- Nordstrom – luxury department store
- Neiman – luxury department store Neiman Marcus
- Von Maur – department store chain
- Belk – department store chain
Another great place to look for designer dog names: cosmetic and beauty brands.
The names of these brands epitomize beauty and luxury, which is what you’re likely looking for as you search for designer dog names.
- Estee Lauder – brand of prestige skincare and makeup products
- Lancome – French luxury perfumes and cosmetics house
- Clinique – American skincare and cosmetics brand
- Arden – as in Elizabeth Arden, the famous cosmetic brand
- Sephora – retailer of personal care and beauty products
- Aveda – American cosmetics company
- L’Occitane – international retailer of body products
- MAC – a Canadian cosmetics manufacturer
- Ulta – a chain of beauty stores
- Bobbi Brown – as in Bobbi Brown cosmetics
- L’Oreal – a French personal care company
- Maybelline – cosmetic and personal care company
- Revlon – cosmetics and skincare brand
- Olay – skincare brand
- Avon – the classic makeup company
Continuing the list, let’s next explore luxury cars and how they can be used for posh puppy names.
A dog with one of these names will instantly give off an air of distinction.
- Audi – German luxury car manufacturer
- Beamer – slang for German manufacturer BMW
- Bentley – British manufacturer of luxury cars and SUVs
- Bugatti – French manufacturer of high-performance automobiles
- Cadillac – luxury car brand
- Ferrari – Italian luxury sports car manufacturer
- Jaguar – luxury brand based in England
- Lamborghini – Italian brand of luxury sports cars and SUVs
- Lexus – luxury division of Japanese company Toyota
- Maserati – Italian luxury manufacturer
- Maybach – German luxury brand
- Mercedes – Mercedes-Benz car brand
- Romeo – Alfa Romeo, Italian car brand
- Rover – Land Rover brand vehicles
- Royce – Rolls-Royce
- Porsche – German high-performance automobiles
- Tesla – American electric vehicle brand
Models and Fashion Icons
You can’t talk about designer fashion without mentioning the style icons who wear these lux looks.
The following figures are renowned for their fashionable appearance and for being timeless trendsetters.
- Audrey Hepburn – the classic film and fashion icon
- Jackie Kennedy – First Lady and a style icon (also “Jackie O”)
- Twiggy – English model and cultural figure
- Marilyn Monroe – famous actress and model
- Cher – singer and actress known for her style
- Grace Kelly – stylish American actress and later the Princess of Monaco
- Brigitte Bardot – French actress and cultural icon from the ’50s and ’60s
- Diana Ross – American singer known for her fashion
- David Bowie – influential British musician and style icon
- Iman – famous fashion model
- Andy Warhol – the incredibly influential American artist
- Edie Sedgwick – famous model and fashion muse
- Anna Wintour – Editor-in-Chief of Vogue
- Madonna – singer and influential figure in pop culture
- Cindy Crawford – American model and television personality
- Naomi Campbell – famous British model
- Christie Brinkley – American model and actress
- Tyra – as in Tyra Banks, American television personality and model
- Giselle – for Gisele Bündchen, the Brazilian model
- Kate Moss – English supermodel
- Heidi Klum – German model known for Project Runway
- Claudia Schiffer – German model
- Elle Macpherson – Australian model and actress
- RuPaul – famous drag queen and style icon
Fashion can be worn anywhere, but there are certain parts of the world that are noted for their connection to the latest in luxury.
Why not take these places and turn them into designer dog names?
- Paris – the capital of France is a top fashion destination
- New York – New York City is known for its high fashion
- Milan – this Italian city is one of the world’s most important fashion centers
- London – the UK capital stands out for its designer products and famous fashion week
- LA – Los Angeles is known for designer clothes and products
- Berlin – the capital of Germany has an emerging fashion scene
- Tokyo – a city known for setting trends
- Bryant – as in Bryant Park, home of New York Fashion Week
- Rodeo – for Rodeo Drive, an iconic shopping destination
Throughout time, magazines have been a way for fashion enthusiasts to find out what’s trending that season.
Mention any of these publications and people will instantly think of fashion and style, which is why they work so well for designer dog names.
- Vogue – US fashion and lifestyle magazine
- Elle – worldwide fashion magazine of French origin
- Harper – as in Harper’s Bazaar, the women’s fashion magazine
- Allure – American women’s magazine focused on beauty
- Cosmo – as in Cosmopolitan, the American magazine
- GQ – an international men’s magazine
- Esquire – the men’s fashion and lifestyle magazine
- Marie Claire – the French-British magazine focused on health, fashion and beauty
- Vanity Fair – a monthly magazine of culture and fashion
Elegant & Stylish Female Dog Names
Continuing the list of designer dog names, let’s look at some ideas that are elegant, sophisticated and stylish.
If you’re getting a female dog, these monikers are excellent for a high-class canine.
Elegant & Stylish Male Dog Names
Timeless yet trendy all at the same time, the dog names below are great picks for male pups. They are regal and refined – exactly what you’re looking for.
Other Inspiration for Designer Dog Names
Our guide to designer dog names includes a whopping 215+ ideas. But there are plenty of ideas we might not have even thought of!
For example, is there a designer brand in your life that you absolutely love? It can be clothing, cosmetics, furniture, even consumables.
Take a look as you walk through a store. Inspiration is everywhere, and the perfect name for your pup could be right under your nose.
And if you have an idea for designer dog names that’s not listed, leave a note in the comments.
Designer Dog Names: Which One’s Right for Your Dog?
You’re likely looking for designer dog names because you enjoy the finer things in life and want to extend that to your new bundle of fur.
With so many options, how do you pick the right one?
As you look for designer dog names, it’s important to ask:
- Do I identify with this brand, person, place or object? People will assume you’re a fan based on how you named your dog.
- Will this name stand the test of time? On average, dogs live 10-13 years. Will this name still be in style in a decade?
Also, after years of helping new pup parents, here are some tips we’ve picked up when it comes to selecting a name for any dog:
- Is it easy to say? Some names are great in theory but tough to pronounce in everyday life. Before you lock in on a name, make sure it rolls off the tongue.
- Say it out loud. Can you imagine loudly calling for your dog with this name? If not, then it’s not the right one and you should move on.
- Does it fit your dog? Check to see if the name matches your dog’s personality and appearance. This is important for both you and your pup.
- And finally, trust your gut. When you find the right name, you’ll know it!
More Dog Name Ideas
If you’re not inspired by any of these designer dog names, try our online generator and discover even more options. You can sort by your favorite styles and themes to discover the perfect name for your pup.
Our site helps millions of new dog owners each year and offers thousands of unique ideas. We know you’ll find the name for your dog on our site.
Popular categories include:
Try it out and find an awesome name for your dog.
Designer Dog Names: 5 Easy Steps to Teach a Dog Their Name
Once you have a name, how do you teach it to your dog?
All pup parents go through this scenario. They’ve picked out a perfect name and can’t wait to start using it for their dog.
The only problem is their pup doesn’t recognize it yet.
If you’re in this situation, don’t fret. Teaching your dog their name is a lot easier than you think.
Here are five easy steps to take to teach your dog their name.
- Get some small treats and put your dog on a leash in a location without any distractions.
- Say your puppy’s name in a clear, happy, excited voice.
- As soon as they look at you, say “yes” and give them a treat.
- Wait until they look away and then repeat the process 3-5 times.
- Play this name game several times a day and soon they’ll know and love responding to their name!
Want to learn more about how to teach a dog their name? We have an awesome guide that makes it easy.View Your Saved Names