Celebrity Dog Names – Awesome List of 55+ Celebs & DogsLast updated: by Jessi Larson
Celebrity dog names are a great way to get inspiration for a fun, hip name for your new pup. Why?
Celebrities seem to set the tone for whatever is hot and trendy. The latest hairstyle, the hot color of the season, the new cause to support, the list goes on and on.
To get started, we looked up famous actors, musicians, athletes, politicians and other stars with pups and gathered a list of their celebrity dog names.
The list runs the gamut from cute to funny to just plain bizarre. (So not unlike celebrities themselves.)
Check out this list of celebrity dog names and see if any of them fit your dog’s look and personality.
Celebrity Dog Names – Actors
Actors are very creative individuals, so it’s no surprise they have some interesting and entertaining names for their dogs.
- Adam Sandler – Matzoball and Meatball
- Amanda Seyfried – Finn
(Australian Shepherd mix)
- Amy Adams – Pippy and Sadie
- Anne Hathaway – Esmerelda
- Aubrey Hepburn – Mr. Famous
- Ben Affleck – Hutch and Martha Stewart
(German Shepherd and Labrador, respectively)
- Blake Lively – Penny and Billie
(Maltese-Toy Poodle and mixed breed, respectively)
- Brad Pitt – Blanco
- Charlize Theron – Tucker
- Christina Ricci – Sherriff
- Debra Messing – Henry
- Demi Moore – Vida
- Drew Barrymore – Flossie
(Chow Chow-Labrador mix)
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson – Brutus and Hobbs
- Eric Stonestreet – Coleman Hawkins
- Eva Longoria – Jinxy and Oprah
(Maltese and Pug, respectively)
- George Clooney – Einstein, Louie and Milie
(Cocker Spaniels and a Basset Hound, respectively)
- Gwen Stefani – Winston
- Harrison Ford – Kelpie and Taco
- Hilary Duff – Lola
- Hugh Jackman – Mocha
- Jake Gyllenhaal – Atticus
- Jennifer Aniston – Norman
- Jennifer Love Hewitt – Mona
- Jessica Alba – Sid
- Jessica Biel – Tina
- Jessica Simpson – Daisy
- Jim Carrey – George
- Johnny Depp – Boo and Pistol
- Kellan Lutz – Kola
- Lea Michele – Pearl
- Matt Damon – Carlos
- Matthew McConaughey – Foxy
(Australian Cattle Dog)
- Orlando Bloom – Sidi
- Rachel Bilson – Thurman Murman
- Rob Lowe – Jack, Bella and David
(German Shorthaired Pointer, Chihuahua and Jack Russell, respectively)
- Ryan Reynolds – Baxter
- Sandra Bullock – Poppy and Ruby
- Selma Blair – Wink
(Jack Russell mix)
- Sienna Miller – Bess
- Tori Spelling – Mimi LaRue
- Will Smith – Indo
- Zoey Deschanel – Dot and Zelda
(both mixed breeds)
Celebrity Dog Names – Musicians
Musicians use their creativity to create beautiful music…and pretty cool dog names.
- 50 Cent – Oprah Winfree
- Adele – Louie
- Beyonce – Munchie
- Britney Spears – Lucky
- Drake – Winter and Diamond
(American Bully and Akita, respectively)
- Fergie (with Josh Duhamel) – Meatloaf and Zoe
- John Legend – Puddy
- Justin Bieber – Sammy
- Lady Gaga – Asia
- Madonna – Gypsy
- Miley Cyrus – Emu, Mate and Sophie
(Shetland Sheepdog, German Shepherd, Maltese-Toy Poodle, respectively)
- Pink – Elvis
- Selena Gomez – Baylor
(Siberian Husky mix)
- Vanessa Hudgens – Shadow
- Victoria Beckham – Scarlet
- Wiz Khalifa – Vincent the Dog
Celebrity Dog Names – Politicians, Athletes & Media Personalities
Here are more names of dogs belonging to famous people.
- Barack Obama – Bo and Sunny
(both Portuguese Water Dogs)
- Bill Clinton – Buddy
- Cristiano Ronaldo – Marosca
- Dwyane Wade – Tre
- Ellen Degeneres – Augie
- Heidi Klum – Max, Freddie and Simba
(Two German Shepherds and a Pomeranian)
- Howard Stern – Bianca
- Hugh Hefner – Charlie
(Cavalier King Charles Spaniel)
- Julianne Hough – Harley
(Cavalier King Charles Spaniel)
- Kate Middleton and Prince William – Lupo
(Black Cocker Spaniel)
- Kelly Osbourne – Noodles
- Kylie Jenner – Norman
- Khloe Kardashian – Gabbana
- Martha Stewart – Francesca, Sharky and Ghenghis Khan
(French Bulldogs and a Chow Chow)
- Miranda Kerr – Frankie
- Natalie Coughlin – Dozer and SheRa
(American Bulldog and Border Terrier, respectively)
- Nicole Richie – Honeychild
- Oprah – Lauren and Sadie
(English Springer Spaniel and Cocker Spaniel respectively)
- Paris Hilton – Bambi and Tinkerbell
- Rachael Ray – Isaboo
- Tiger Woods – Bugs and Lola
(Border Collie/Springer Spaniel mix and Australian Shepherd, respectively)
- Tony Azevedo – Olympia
(Pitt Bull mix)
Conclusion: Celebrity Dog Names
Hopefully these celebrity dog names provided some solid inspiration as you name your new pup.
Finding the right name for your new four-legged friend is a fun but sometimes challenging process, and it’s always a good idea to gather lots of ideas when you start your search.
These celebrity dog names are cool, classy, funny and even a little bit wild – a great place to start your search.
But wait, there’s more!
We’ve got more fun entertainment-inspired names including:
- Movie dog names for boy and girl dogs
- TV dog names for boy and girl dogs
- Literature dog names for boy and girl dogs
- Musical dog names for boy and girl dogs
More Dog Name Ideas
If you’re not inspired by any of these dog names, try our online generator and discover even more options. You can sort by your favorite styles and themes to discover the perfect name for your pup.
Our site helps over 15 million new dog owners each year and offers thousands of unique ideas. With this in mind, we’re confident you’ll find the name for your dog on our site.
Popular categories include:
Try it out and see what you think!
How Do You Pick the Right Name?
How do you know if you’ve picked the right name for your dog? That’s a question all new dog parents ask.
After years of helping new pup parents, here are some tips we’ve picked up when it comes to selecting a name for your dog:
- Is it easy to say? Some names are great in theory but tough to pronounce in everyday life. Before you lock in on a name, make sure it rolls off the tongue.
- Say it out loud. Can you imagine loudly calling for your dog with this name? If not, then it’s not the right name and you should move on.
- Does it fit your dog? Check to see if the name matches your dog’s personality and appearance. This is important for both you and your pup.
- And finally, trust your gut. When you find the right name, you’ll know it!
5 Easy Steps to Teach a Dog Their Name
Once you have a name, how do you teach it to your dog?
All pup parents go through this scenario. They’ve picked out a perfect name and can’t wait to start using it for their dog.
The only problem is their dog doesn’t recognize it yet.
If you’re in this situation, don’t fret. Teaching your dog their name is a lot easier than you think.
Here are five easy steps to take to teach your dog their name.
- Get some small treats and put your dog on a leash in a location without any distractions.
- Say your puppy’s name in a clear, happy, excited voice.
- As soon as they look at you, say “yes” and give them a treat.
- Wait until they look away and then repeat the process 3-5 times.
- Play this name game several times a day and soon they’ll know and love responding to their name!
Want to learn more about how to teach a dog their name? We have an awesome guide that makes it easyView Your Saved Names