Celebrity dog names are a great way to get inspiration for a fun, hip name for your new pup.
After all, celebrities seem to set the tone for whatever is hot and trendy. The latest hairstyle, the hot color of the season, the new cause to support – the list goes on and on.
To get started, we looked up famous actors, musicians, athletes, politicians and other stars with pups and gathered a list of their celebrity dog names.
The names run the gamut from cute to funny to just plain bizarre.
Check out this list of celebrity dog names and see if any of them fit your dog’s look and personality.
Celebrity Dog Names – Actors
Actors are very creative individuals, so it makes sense that they’ve selected some interesting and entertaining names for their dogs.
On the other hand, many picked tried-and-true classics that are beloved by famous and non-famous dog owners alike.
Check out these celebrity dog names and see if any would work for your new furry friend.
- Adam Sandler – Matzoball and Meatball
- Alec Baldwin – Dama and Gitana
- Amanda Seyfried – Finn
Australian Shepherd mix
- Amy Adams – Pippy and Sadie
- Anne Hathaway – Esmerelda
- Ashley Tisdale – Maui
- Aubrey Hepburn – Mr. Famous
- Ben Affleck – Hutch and Martha Stewart
German Shepherd and Labrador Retriever
- Blake Lively – Penny and Billie
Maltese-Toy Poodle and mixed breed
- Brad Pitt – Blanco
- Bradley Cooper – Charlie
- Charlize Theron – Tucker
- Christina Ricci – Sherriff
- Debra Messing – Henry
- Demi Moore – Vida
- Dianna Agron – Freddie
- Drew Barrymore – Flossie
Chow Chow-Labrador mix
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson – Brutus and Hobbs
- Emmy Rossum – Cinnamon and Pepper
Yorkshire Terrier and Terrier-Havanese mix
- Eric Stonestreet – Coleman Hawkins
- Eva Longoria – Jinxy and Oprah
Maltese and Pug
- George Clooney – Einstein, Louie and Milie
Cocker Spaniels and a Basset Hound
- Gerard Butler – Lolita
- Gwen Stefani – Winston
- Harrison Ford – Kelpie and Taco
- Hilary Duff – Lola, Jak and Dubois
Chihuahua, Jack Russell Terrier and Bernese Mountain
- Hilary Swank – Karoo and Rumi
Jack Russell Terrier/Corgi mix and Golden Retriever mix
- Hugh Jackman – Dali
- Ian Harding – Bailey and Mochi
- Ian Somerhalder – Nietzsche
- Jamie Foxx – King and Kong
- Jake Gyllenhaal – Atticus and Boo Radley
German Shepherd and Puggle
- Jeff Goldblum – Woody
- Jennifer Aniston – Norman
- Jennifer Love Hewitt – Mona
- Jessica Alba – Sid
- Jessica Biel – Tina
- Jessica Chastain – Chaplin
- Jessica Simpson – Daisy
- Jim Carrey – George
- Johnny Depp – Boo and Pistol
- Jon Hamm – Splash
- Jonah Hill – Carmela
- Josh Gad – Didi
- Justin Theroux – Kuma
- Kellan Lutz – Kola
- Kelly Rutherford – Cappuccina
- Kristen Bell – Muppet
- Lea Michele – Pearl
- Liam Hemsworth – Dora and Tani
Labradoodle and Pitbull
- Liev Schreiber – Scout
- Lucy Hale – Elvis
- Matt Damon – Carlos
- Matthew McConaughey – Foxy
Australian Cattle Dog
- Matthew Perry – Alfred
- Mischa Barton – Charlie, Ziggy and Harvey
Spaniel mix, Pekingese and Maltese
- Naya Rivera – Lucy
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
- Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra – Gino, Diana and Panda
German Shepherd, Chihuahua and Husky/Australian Shepherd mix
- Orlando Bloom – Sidi
- Peter Dinklage – Kevin
- Rachel Bilson – Thurman Murman
- Reese Witherspoon – Hank and Pepper
Labrador Retriever and French Bulldog
- Rob Lowe – Jack, Bella and David
German Shorthaired Pointer, Chihuahua and Jack Russell
- Ryan Gosling – George
- Ryan Reynolds – Baxter
- Sandra Bullock – Poppy and Ruby
- Sarah Hyland – Barkley Bixby
- Selma Blair – Wink
Jack Russell mix
- Sienna Miller – Bess
- Sophie Turner (with Joe Jonas) – Waldo Picasso
Alaskan Klee Kai
- Tori Spelling – Mimi LaRue
- Vanessa Hudgens – Darla
- Victoria Justice – Sammy and Sophie
Bichon Frise/Miniature Schnauzer mixes
- Will Smith – Indo
- Zoey Deschanel – Dot and Zelda
Both mixed breeds
Celebrity Dog Names – Musicians
Many of the biggest music stars in the world are also pup parents. They use their creativity to create beautiful music – and pretty cool dog names.
Take for example the following artists. They love their canine companions and have gone to great lengths to give them the very best names.
When searching for celebrity dog names, you’ll find plenty of inspiration in these ideas.
- 50 Cent – Oprah Winfree
- Adele – Louie
- Alicia Keys – Samba
- Ariana Grande – Toulouse
- Beyonce – Munchie
- Billie Eilish – Shark
- Britney Spears – Lucky
- Bruno Mars – Geronimo
- Carrie Underwood – Penny, Ace and Zero
Dachshund mix, Rat Terrier and German Shepherd
- Christina Aguilera – Stinky
- Demi Lovato – Cinderella and Batman
- Drake – Winter and Diamond
American Bully and Akita
- Dua Lipa – Dexter
- Fergie – Meatloaf and Zoe
- Jennifer Lopez – Tyson
- John Legend – Puddy, Pippa and Penny
English Bulldog, French Bulldog and French Bulldog
- Josh Groban – Sweeney Houdini
- Justin Bieber – Sammy
- Katy Perry – Nugget
- Kelly Clarkson – Wyatt
- Lady Gaga – Asia
- Madonna – Gypsy
- Miley Cyrus – Emu, Mate and Sophie
Shetland Sheepdog, German Shepherd and Maltese-Toy Poodle
- Pink – Elvis
- Rihanna – Oliver
- Selena Gomez – Baylor
Siberian Husky mix
- Shawn Mendes – Tarzan
Golden Retriever mix
- The Weeknd – Caesar
- Vanessa Hudgens – Shadow
- Victoria Beckham – Scarlet
- Wiz Khalifa – Vincent the Dog
Celebrity Dog Names – Media Personalities
Continuing our list of celebrity dog names, here are more ideas inspired by media personalities. These famous figures are vocal about their four-legged friends, and you may have even seen a few of them on television.
Perhaps the names of these pups will provide you with the inspiration you need for your new pet.
We love these names, and clearly these famous celebrities did, too!
- Chelsea Handler – Chunk
German Shepherd-Chow mix
- Ellen Degeneres – Augie
- Heidi Klum – Max, Freddie and Simba
Two German Shepherds and a Pomeranian
- Howard Stern – Bianca
- Hugh Hefner – Charlie
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
- Julianne Hough – Harley
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
- Kendall Jenner – Blue
- Kelly Osbourne – Noodles
- Kelly Ripa – Lena
- Khloe Kardashian – Gabbana
- Kim Kardashian – Sushi, Sake and Soba
- Kourtney Kardashian – Cub
- Kris Jenner – Bridgette
- Kylie Jenner – Norman and Bambi
- Lauren Conrad – Chloe and Fitz
- Lisa Vanderpump – Giggy
- Martha Stewart – Francesca, Sharky and Ghenghis Khan
French Bulldogs and a Chow Chow
- Miranda Kerr – Frankie
- Nicole Richie – Honeychild
- Olivia Palermo – Mr. Butler
- Oprah – Lauren and Sadie
English Springer Spaniel and Cocker Spaniel
- Paris Hilton – Bambi and Tinkerbell
- Rachael Ray – Isaboo
- Ryan Seacrest – Georgia
- Simon Cowell – Freddie, Squiddly and Diddly
- Steve-O – Walter and Bernie
Chihuahua/Dachshund mix and Poodle mix)
- Taylor Hill – Tate
Celebrity Dog Names – Athletes
Another avenue for celebrity dog names is to see what the athletes are doing. Many proudly show off their precious pups online, in interviews and even on the field.
If you’re a sports fan, these names are essential to explore. They range from sweet or silly to tough and strong.
- Alex Morgan – Blue
- Alexis Sánchez – Atom and Humber
- Christen Press – Morena
- Cristiano Ronaldo – Marosca
- David Ortiz – Happy
- David Price – Astro
- Derek Stepan – Jake
- Dwyane Wade – Tre
- Frank Thomas – Bubba and Barbie
- George Kottaras – Leo
- Greg Louganis – Nipper, Dobby, Gryff and Hedwig
Two Jack Russell Terriers, Border Collie and Puli
- Gus Kenworthy – Mishka and Jake
- JuJu Smith-Schuster – Boujee
- Klay Thompson – Rocco
- Lebron James – King
- Lindsey Jacobellis – Sochi
- Lindsey Vonn – Lucy, Leo and Bear
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, mixed breed and Chow/Retriever
- Manny Pacquiao – Pacman
Jack Russell Terrier
- Meyers Leonard – Koko
- Michelle Wie – Lola
- Natalie Coughlin – Dozer and Shera
American Bulldog and Border Terrier
- Patty Mills – Harvey
- Rose Lavelle – Wilma Jean Wrinkles
- Russell Wilson – Prince, Naomi and Hero
- Serena Williams – Chip
- Simone Biles – Lilo and Kea
French Bulldog and Golden Retriever
- Tiger Woods – Bugs and Lola
Border Collie/Springer Spaniel mix and Australian Shepherd
- Todd Helton – Abby
- Tom Brady – Lua, Scooby and Fluffy
Pitbull mix, Beagle and mixed breed
- Tony Azevedo – Olympia
- Tyus Jones – Duke
Husky Pomeranian mix
- Venus Williams – Barbie
Celebrity Dog Names – Political Figures
Finally, let’s venture into the world of political figures. Some may argue that they’re not technically celebrities, but in this modern age, they’re well known and get frequent attention.
Many at the highest level of government are also proud pup parents. For example, almost every modern U.S. President has brought at least one dog to the White House.
And of course there’s Queen Elizabeth. She’s famous for her love of canines, in particular the Corgi. She’s owned over a dozen dogs throughout the years, all of which had interesting names.
Check out these ideas and see if any are of interest to you.
- Barack Obama – Bo and Sunny
Bboth Portuguese Water Dogs
- Bill Clinton – Buddy
- George W. Bush – Barney
- Jimmy Carter – Grits
Border Collie mix
- Joe Biden – Champ and Major
- Prince Charles and Camilla – Bluebell and Beth
Jack Russell Terriers
- Prince William and Kate Middleton – Lupo
Black Cocker Spaniel
- Queen Elizabeth
- Ronald Reagan – Lucky and Rex
Bouvier des Flandres and Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Want to learn more about U.S. presidents and their dogs throughout history? Check out this complete list of presidential dog names.
Final Thoughts: Celebrity Dog Names
Hopefully these celebrity dog names provided some solid inspiration as you name your new pup.
Finding the right dog name is a fun but sometimes challenging process, and it’s always a good idea to gather lots of ideas when you start your search.
These celebrity dog names are cool, classy, funny and even a little bit wild – a great place to start your search.
More Dog Name Ideas
If you’d like to find even more name options, our website offers a helpful online generator.
All you have to do is enter your favorite styles and/or themes, and it generates the perfect name for your precious pooch.
Over the years, we’ve helped million of new pup parents find just the right name. You’re sure to find a great name, too!
How Do You Pick the Right Name?
With so many ideas, it can be tough to find just the right name. Where do you even begin?
These helpful tips and tricks can work wonders.
- To start, find lots of inspiration. When you see a name you like, jot it down.
- Next, narrow down the list. If you’re not completely sure about a name, remove it immediately.
- Do this until you have about five or so names you like.
Once you have a short list, it’s time to make the final decision. Follow these steps to narrow it down to one.
- Ask yourself, is the name easy to say? Sure, some names look great on paper, but they can be tough to pronounce out loud. You’ll want a name that rolls off the tongue.
- Does it match your dog? Is it a fit for their personality? How about their appearance? You don’t want a name that’s completely out of place.
- Can you imagine calling for your dog with this name? When you have a dog, you’ll have to call for them loudly and publicly.
- Does everyone in your household agree on the name? This is an important and often-overlooked step.
By following these steps, you’ll know in your gut when you’ve found the right name.View Your Saved Names