Best Dog Nail Clippers – Top 5 Trimmers
by Jessi LarsonWe hope you love the products we've selected to recommend! As an Amazon Associate we earn a small share from qualifying purchases.
The best dog nail clippers make it easy to trim your dog’s nails smoothly and safely. With hundreds of options available, however, how do you know which one to buy?
Our extensive research has found the five best dog nail clippers you need to check out. But first, let’s look at why dogs need their nails trimmed in the first place.
Why do you need the best dog nail clippers?
Dogs are built with nails that wear after a great deal of running on rough surfaces such as blacktop, concrete, and other outdoor surfaces. If your dog spends a lot of time exploring the outdoors, they do not need regular nail grooming.
However, with the evolving world, most dogs end up spending most of their days indoors as their parents go off to work. This leaves them running on soft surfaces such as carpet and the lawn, depriving them of the friction needed to wear down their nails.
Cutting your dog’s nails is essential to their health.
When unkempt nails are left unattended, they could be risky for your dog as well as your belongings and floors. On top of this, unattended nails are quite unattractive.
Long unkempt nails tend to touch the ground as your dog runs around, which makes them push back into the nails beds. This constant force can be painful and uncomfortable for your dog.
This case is similar to wearing a very tight shoe and having constant pressure applied to the joints in your toes. If this persists for long, it could result in the realignment of your dog’s foot all the way up to its foreleg and cause various distortions. Leaving such cases to the extreme can spiral things out of control, putting your dog in a state of constant pain, and costing you since a veterinarian may have to be involved.
The importance of clipping your dog’s nails should not be underestimated.
Unlike our nails, those of dogs are very tough (technically referred to as claws). The existence of two layers of keratin within dogs’ nails accounts for this characteristic. This makes the nail cutting process quite problematic for both the dog parent and the canine.
Even so, the job has to be done. Nail clippers are the most commonly used tool for cutting dog nails, and they differ in various characteristics depending on the size of dog they are best suited to work on.
In this article, we review the best dog nail clippers available for your pup.
Manufactured from high-quality steel by Safari Pet Products, this nail trimmer makes grooming less of a chore. The trimmer features a professional design that makes incorporating nail cutting to your canine’s grooming routine quite easily, making it one of the best dog nail clippers.
- Made of quality stainless steel
- The sharp cutting edge is durable and doesn’t require constant sharpening
- Injuries are a rare occurrence due to the safety stop
- The locking blades make the process easy
- The rubber handle bars improve your grip
- Even with the safety stop, you can easily cut your dog if you are not careful enough due to the extra sharp edges of the trimmers.
Cutting your nails has never been easier with this Safari premium stainless steel nail trimmer. Just join the numerous dog owners who are using it and your dog sure will thank you for it.
With the help of this incredible nail trimming tool, you’ll be able to kiss those expensive trips to the grooming salon bye-bye.
Coming with detailed instructions, this Pro Pet nail clippers will give you the confidence you need to undertake the cutting task, even if you are a first timer. The nail guard included in the clippers keeps over-cutting accidents to a minimum, protecting your pooch’s delicate nails.
- The tool’s purchase comes with comprehensive guidelines on how to go about trimming your dog’s nails
- The nail file feature helps you achieve a smooth finish on your dog’s claws
- Made of quality stainless steel
- The grip is made of non-slip material which enhances the grip and gives you maximum control of the trimmers
- The product may be difficult to use if your pooch is very small
It is advisable to get your dog used to the trimming process from a young age. This will help them get accustomed to having their nails scrutinized on a regular basis to avoid having to struggle too much when calming them down for a session.
Overall, this is one of the best if not the best dog nail clippers.
Trimming your canine’s claws has never been easier thanks to this professional nail clipper.
No matter how tough your dog’s nails are, you can be sure that this appliance will cut through them.
The plus side of this device is that not much effort has to be put to get the desired cut. Only a little squeeze on the handle will do the trick, making the situation a lot less tense for both you and your canine.
- The semi-circular shape of the blades lets you see where you are cutting, reducing any cutting accidents by a large margin
- Comes with a lifetime warranty where you can return it anytime if it does not meet your expectations
- The high-quality steel used in their construction make it rust and scratch resistant
- Since these clippers are specifically made for small dogs, you do not have to worry about them not being fit for your dog’s nail grooming
- The product is not ideal for use on too many dogs as the grips have been known to break if used too much in a short period.
The lifetime warranty of the product says a lot about the quality about this appliance. It is always recommended to leave the safety lock on when the clippers are not in use. This is to avoid putting any curious pets or even children in harm’s way.
The Ebelyn nail clippers provide a safe and easy cutting experience that will make a difference in you and your dog’s nail clipping experience. It is particularly crafted for use on small dogs such as spaniels, bulldogs, Chihuahuas, poodles, terriers, Shih Tzus, etc.
- This tool is great for the first-time trimming as the big handles give you full control of the device
- Its design makes it easy to clean up once you’re done with grooming
- The blades are indented in a way that the dog’s nails are clearly visible to avoid trimming too much off
- The tool might display some difficulty when opening and closing once it is purchased. However, it smoothens out with regular use.
- It is better for smaller dogs so big dog owners should look for another option.
The tool comes at a reasonable cost, and you can rest assured that the quality you receive will be worth what you paid. Also, this is one of the best dog nail clippers for smaller breeds.
These clippers are popular among dog owners since they can easily be used by both left-handed and right-handed people.
With the best dog nail clippers, regular trimming of your dog’s nails will help keep your furniture and floors safe, as well as the health of your canine’s feet.
- Constructed to provide the best grip possible
- The rubber handles help to keep you comfortable during the grooming process
- If your dog has really tough claws, these clippers might not be able to entirely cut through them, which ends up bending them
With this tool, your dog will no longer snag or get his nails stuck in your belongings. The sturdy structure of the clippers will help you feel confident while clipping your furry friend’s claws without fear of hurting him.
The Best Dog Nail Clippers – Conclusion
All these clippers work great for the maintenance of healthy and aesthetically pleasing dog nails. If you’re looking for best dog nail clippers, the Pro Pet Works Dog Nail Clippers Trimmers with Nail File for Grooming Pets is especially exceptional due to the nail file feature that helps smooth out any rugged edges that may result from clipping.