Superhero Dog Names – 110+ Powerful Ideas
by Jessi Larson
Sometimes a regular name just won’t do for your extraordinary pup. That’s when it’s time to look at superhero dog names!
Whether you’re a fan of superhero action movies, comics or mythology, there’s a unique superhero name waiting out there for your four-legged best friend.
But when it comes to finding a name that’s out of this universe, you could get overwhelmed by the sheer number of choices you are faced with. So to help you break down the process and make it easier, here are our top picks for the best superhero dog names out there.
Male Superhero Dog Names
Here are some of the best options for your furry male superhero. We’ve included the source of origin, although if you’re a superhero fan, you just might already know it.
Tough and tenacious, these male superhero dog names are a great choice for any type of pooch.
- Apollo – a Greek God of Olympus
- Archer – from the Golden Archer
- Asgard – from Thor
- Banner – Hulk’s alter ego
- Beast – from Teen Titans
- Bruce – from Batman’s alter ego
- Captain – from Captain America
- Carter – From Agent Carter
- Castle – from The Punisher
- Clark – Superman’s alter ego
- Colossal – a great name for a friendly giant
- Colter – from Luke Cage
- DC – as in DC Comics
- Deadpool – from Deadpool
- Drax – from Guardians of the Galaxy
- Elysius – a powerful, artificial being
- Endgame – from Avengers
- Fantomah – A superhero ghost
- Fury – from Avengers
- Gambit – from Captain America
- Gilmore – from Captain America
- Groot – from Guardians of the Galaxy
- Grudroth – from Thor
- Hawkeye – a great name for a watchdog
- Hero – short for superhero
- Hogan – from Iron Man
- Karnak – from Inhumans
- Kingpin – from Daredevil
- Korath – from the Guardians of the Galaxy
- Krypto – for “Kryptonite” from Superman
- Logan – from Wolverine
- Loki – from Thor
- Malcolm – from Jessica Jones
- Marvel – as in Marvel Comics
- Micro – from The Punisher
- Nadeer – from SHIELD
- Olympian – Greek-Roman superman
- Panther – from Black Panther
- Parker – from Spiderman
- Poolie – from Deadpool
- Pyro – from X-men
- Raza – from Iron Man
- Spidey – from Spiderman
- Strucker – from Captain America
- Stark – from Iron Man
- Taggert – from Iron Man
- Talbot – from Hulk
- Thanos – from Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy
- Thor – a Norse God with his hammer
- Tiger – after the Bronze Tiger from DC comics
- Tony – from Iron Man
- Triton – from Inhumans
- Viper – from Wolverine
- Whiplash – from Iron Man
- Wolfgang – from Captain America
- Wolverine – from X-Men
- Xandar – from Guardians of the Galaxy
- Xavier – from Professor X
- Zandow – from Agent Carter
- Zatanna – from DC comic books
- Zemo – from Captain America
Female Superhero Dog Names
If you’re looking for a heroic superhero name for a female puppy, consider these excellent choices. They’re based on the most daring female characters from TV, movies and books.
Maybe you have a strong-willed, powerful pup who needs an extraordinary name. Or if your dog is more docile, you could use the name ironically.
Either way, female superhero dog names are always fiery and fun!
- Amazon – from Wonder Woman
- Bakshi – from SHIELD
- Barbara – from Batgirl
- Buffy – from Buffy The Vampire Slayer
- Carol – from Captain Marvel
- Castle – from The Punisher
- Claire – from Daredevil
- Coleen – from Iron Fist
- Crimson – from Marvel comics
- DeeDee – from Daredevil
- Diamond – from Diamondback
- Diana – Wonder Woman’s alter ego
- Foggy – from Daredevil
- Gamora – a green-skinned superhero
- Heroine – a strong female dog name
- Huntress – a great name for a hunting pup
- Jade – from the Justice League
- Juno – Hercules’s granddaughter
- Katniss – from The Hunger Games
- Kismet – name that stands for “golden-hued beauty”
- Korath – from Guardians of the Galaxy
- Leia – from Star Wars
- Mera – from Aquaman
- Mulan – the warrior woman who impersonates a man in battle
- Natasha – from Black Widow
- Nova – from the Silver Sable
- Organa – from Star Wars, Princess Leia’s last name
- Pepper – from Iron Man
- Poolie – from Deadpool
- Quinn – for Harley Quinn
- Raven – from Teen Titans
- Rey – from Star Wars
- Sharon – as in Sharon Carter
- Shuri – a superhero princess
- Sprite – from Kitty Pryde in X-Men
- Squirrel – from Squirrel Girl
- Star – after Starfire from Teen Titans
- Storm – from X-Men
- Thundra – a great name for a tough female pup
- Tigra – this superhero is more powerful than a tiger
- Ultra – from Avengers
- Vixen – the comic character also known as Mari Jiwe McCabe
- Wasp – a great name for an aggressive pup
- Wonder – after Wonder Woman
- Xena – from Xena: Warrior Princess
- Zatanna – after a magician from DC comic books
Funny Superhero Dog Names
Just because you’re opting for a name of mythical proportions doesn’t mean that your dog’s name has to be so serious.
It just so happens that dog names lend themselves perfectly to superhero puns!
So, for those with a lighter sense of humor, here are some great “punny” choices for superhero dog names:
- Furry Fury – This is a perfect choice for any fur-ball you might be adding to your family. Extra bonus points if their character is as energetic as they are physically floofy.
- Agent Sitswell – This is a genius name for a truly “good boy” who knows a thing or two about a good sitting position. It isn’t hard to picture an adorable Golden Retriever living up to this dignified name.
- Labrathor – This one is specific to Labrador Retrievers who also dream of ruling the galaxy some day.
- Pugnisher – Similarly, this name is destined for Pugs only, but could be an amazing choice for the right candidate.
- Stanley (Stan + Lee) – For the true comic aficionados, this is a great name to honor the one and only Stan Lee of Marvel.
- Tony Bark – A play on Tony Stark, the man behind Iron Man. This pup will likely demand a certain level of luxurious lifestyle.
- Ulysses Paw – Just imagine saying, “look at the claws on Ulysses Paw!” Or something to that extent. Either way, this is a treasure trove of punny opportunities for the lucky owner.
Final Thoughts: Superhero Dog Names
Naming your dog is no small undertaking. We hope this list has given you plenty of fantastic ideas for superhero dog names.
Whether you’re a Marvel or a DC fan, you’re bound to find the perfect match for you and your new dog’s unique personality.
When selecting a name, remember to practice saying it out loud a few times to make sure you’re ready to commit to it long-term.
Once you’ve made your selection, it’s time to start your lifetime of adventures together!
More Dog Names
The dog name inspiration isn’t over yet. We have other ideas in complementary categories that might be interesting to explore.
Take a look at the articles below for more dog name options.
- Geeky names for male dogs and female dogs
- Comic book names for male dogs and female dogs
- Mythical names for male dogs and female dogs
- Tough names for male dogs and female dogs
Other Dog Name Ideas
If you’re not inspired by any of these dog names, try our online generator and discover even more options. You can sort by your favorite styles and themes to discover the perfect name for your pup.
Our site helps over 15 million new dog owners each year and offers thousands of unique ideas. With this in mind, we’re confident you’ll find the name for your dog on our site.
Popular categories include:
Try it out and see what you think!
How Do You Pick the Right Name?
How do you know if you’ve picked the right name for your dog? That’s a question all new dog parents ask.
After years of helping new pup parents, here are some tips we’ve picked up when it comes to selecting a name for your dog:
- Is it easy to say? Some names are great in theory but tough to pronounce in everyday life. Before you lock in on a name, make sure it rolls off the tongue.
- Say it out loud. Can you imagine loudly calling for your dog with this name? If not, then it’s not the right name and you should move on.
- Does it fit your dog? Check to see if the name matches your dog’s personality and appearance. This is important for both you and your pup.
- And finally, trust your gut. When you find the right name, you’ll know it!
5 Easy Steps to Teach a Dog Their Name
Once you have a name, how do you teach it to your dog?
All pup parents go through this scenario. They’ve picked out a perfect name and can’t wait to start using it for their dog.
The only problem is their dog doesn’t recognize it yet.
If you’re in this situation, don’t fret. Teaching your dog their name is a lot easier than you think.
Here are five easy steps to take to teach your dog their name.
- Get some small treats and put your dog on a leash in a location without any distractions.
- Say your puppy’s name in a clear, happy, excited voice.
- As soon as they look at you, say “yes” and give them a treat.
- Wait until they look away and then repeat the process 3-5 times.
- Play this name game several times a day and soon they’ll know and love responding to their name!
Want to learn more about how to teach a dog their name? We have an awesome guide that makes it easy.